Company under French law, delivers and manages market infrastructure solutions for the pan-European payments industry, to support its users’ needs in line with their requirements.
The strategic aims of the Company are to ensure a pan-European and country-neutral approach for the development and delivery of infrastructure solutions, thereby ensuring excellence and robustness in delivering its services. Our customer manages and operates the payment services EURO1, STEP1 and STEP2, which provide efficient, secure and cost-effective channels facilitating end-to-end processing of payment messages denominated in euro and the exchange of these payments by payment service providers. Both EURO1 and STEP2 have been identified as Systemically Important Payment Systems (SIPS) by the European Central Bank (ECB).
Our customer was established in June 1998 by 52 major European and international banks with the mission to own and operate the EURO1 large-value payment system developed by the our customer.
Today, our customer counts 60 shareholder banks and offers payment infrastructure services for the processing of both individual and mass transactions in euro to a wide community of banks across Europe. Aside from developing, running and evolving payment infrastructure services, our customer developed MyBank, a pan-European e-authorisation solution, which went live with a payment initiation service via e- and m-banking in 2013. Today, the MyBank activities are managed by a fully-owned subsidiary of our customer.
Our customer is looking for a highly motivated, pro-active, co-operative and communicative Junior Accountant. You will reinforce a small team and report directly to the Head of Accounting and Treasury. Duties include monitoring and participating in the day-to-day accounting activities of the company. You will provide support in all administrative and accounting tasks and contribute to the growth of the Finance, Budget and Accounting Department.
You will participate in a variety of tasks in a number of areas:
• follow-up of the invoices approval process (to be automated)
• recording suppliers’ invoices
• managing suppliers’ invoices
• recording suppliers’ payments
• discrepancies management
In sales management:
• recording of payments
• dealing with customer queries
In banking operations:
• preparing bank reconciliation statements
• issuing bank transfer orders for payments
In the end-of-month and end-of-year adjustment processes:
• recording end-of-month and end-of-year adjustments (payments in advance, accruals, depreciation of fixed assets, cut-off entries etc.)
• analysing the accounts and participating in the preparation of inventory queries.
In fiscal operations:
• preparing monthly VAT declarations, the European Services Declaration (sales and purchases), the Intrastat Declaration and VAT reimbursement claims to tax administration authorities (France, Belgium, Germany and Italy)
Le profil recherché
The successful candidate will:
• hold a 2-year degree in French accounting (French BTS Comptabilité et gestion des organisations or French DUT Gestion des entreprises et des administrations option finance comptabilité) or postgraduate degree in Accountancy (French DCG) or master’s degree in Control, Accounting and Audit (CAA);
• be fluent both in French and English – any additional European languages would be an asset;
• have a first work experience (internships/apprenticeships/vocational trainings) in accounting management responsibilities, ideally in a French corporate with multinational activities;
• have demonstrated strong ethics and respect for confidentiality;
• be proficient, efficient and rigorous in entering ledger entries with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail, especially when dealing with numbers;
• have strong administrative and organisational skills;
• be willing to learn and adapt;
• have a first experience in working with a variety of accounting management software, in particular SAGE 100 accounting, management of fixed assets, CRM;
• have a strong ability to develop the use of IT management tools;
• have a good knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
• be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously while working autonomously;
• be an individual with commitment, initiative and problem-solving skills;
• be dynamic, a team-player and enjoy working in a multi-cultural team and communicating with a varied multi-national audience.
The position is based in Paris, France. Before applying, please ensure that you are already authorised to work in the European Union.
Postuler sur http://m.facebook.com/majrecrute